Fundamentally, my interest is in computational chemistry and computational biophysics with applications in drug design and discovery. Areas of interest include natural product database development, molecular Modeling, chemoinformatics-ligand/structure based virtual screening, lead optimization, ADMET prediction, QSAR, protein-protein and protein-membrane interactions, peptide based drug design, molecular dynamics simulation, and animal model for pharmacological activity and pre-clinical drug discovery.
Recent Research Grants
- Research Grant from the Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR) ‘’Application of computer modeling in the evaluation of naturally occurring anticancer compounds: A Step towards Drug Discovery from Bangladeshi Medicinal Plants”
- Research Grant from the ministry of science and technology, government of the people’s republic of Bangladesh Proposal under Special Allocation for Science and Technology “Development of natural product database for computer aided drug design vis a vis in silico guided in vivo antiangiogenesis screening through chorioallantoic membrane assay”
- Scientific Officer (https://www.bcsir.gov.bd/ ), 3rd February 2013 to Present. Organization Name: Bangladesh Council of scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Chittagong-4220, Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Project Leader Molecular Modeling and Drug Laboratory (MMDDL), Pharmacology Research Division BCSIR Laboratories Chittagong. ( 1st July 2016 to till the date )
- Working in Annual Development Project of Bangladesh Government. Project: Centre for Technology Transfer and Innovation-BCSIR, Dhaka (1st January 2016 to till the date).
- Working in Annual Development Project of Bangladesh Government. Project: Strengthening of analytical and microbiological laboratory BCSIR laboratories Chittagong (February 2013 to June 2015).
- Ex- Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy, BGC Trust University Bangladesh, 1st July, 2012 to 31st Jan, 2013.
- Ex- Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, BGC Trust University Bangladesh, 24th Jan, 2009 to 3oth June, 2012.
Selected List Of Paper Publications
- Dash, Raju, Junaid, MD, Islam, Nazrul, Akash, Forhad Chowdhury, Khan, Imran, Arifuzzaman, MD, Khatun, Mahmuda, Hosen, SM Zahid. (2017).Molecular Insight and Binding Pattern Analysis of Shikonin as a Potential VEGFR-2 Inhibitor. Current Enzyme Inhibition, 13, 1-1.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Dash, Raju, Khatun, Mahmuda, Akter, Rasheda, Bhuiyan, Md Habibur Rahman, Rezaul, Md, . . . Afrin, Sadia. (2017). In silico ADME/T and 3D QSAR analysis of KDR inhibitors. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol, 7(01), 120-128.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Kabir, Hafez, Shah, Mohammad, Hasanat, Abul, Chowdhury, Tanvir Ahmad, Chakrabarty, Nishan, . . . Dash, Raju. (2016). Docking and ADME/T analysis of silibinin as a potential inhibitor of EGFR kinase for ovarian cancer therapy. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 6(8), 001-005.
- Kabir, Mohammad Shah Hafez, Uddin, Mir Muhammad Nasir, & Hosen, SM Zahid. (2016). Investigation on hypoglycemic effects of ethanol extract of Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) in animal model. Journal of intercultural ethnopharmacology, 5(2), 131.
- Dash, Raju, Hosen, SM Zahid, Sultana, Tasniha, Junaid, Md, Majumder, Mohuya, Ishat, Ismat Ara, & Uddin, Mir Muhammad Nasir. (2016). Computational Analysis and Binding Site Identification of Type III Secretion System ATPase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, 8(4), 403-411.
- Dash, Raju, Uddin, Mir Muhammad Nasir, Hosen, SM Zahid, Rahim, Zahed Bin, Dinar, Abu Mansur, Kabir, Mohammad Shah Hafez, . . . Hossain, Md Kamrul. (2015). Molecular docking analysis of known flavonoids as duel COX-2 inhibitors in the context of cancer. Bioinformation, 11(12), 543.
- Dash, Raju, Hosen, SM Zahid, Karim, Md, Kabir, Mohammad Shah Hafez, Hossain, Mohammed Munawar, Junaid, Md, . . . Khan, Mohammad Arfad. (2015). In silico analysis of indole-3-carbinol and its metabolite DIM as EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors in platinum resistant ovarian cancer vis a vis ADME/T property analysis. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Scienc 5(11), 073-078.
- Dash, Raju, Ahsan, M, Hosen, SM Zahid, Rahman, Md Golamur, Emran, Talha Bin, & Uddin, Mir Muhammad Nasir. (2015). Evolution of selective COX-2 inhibitor from Alangium salvifolium: an in silico approach. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Scienc 5(4), 089-093.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Saha, Dibyajyoti, Raju Dash, Talha Bin, Emran, Asraful Alam, & Junaid, Md. (2012). Drug Bank: An Update-Resource for in Silico Drug Discovery. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology, 4(3), 166-171.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Saha, Dibyajyoti, Khanam, Umma Hane, Barua, Saikat, Rashid, Mahbubur, Khan, Mohammad Anayet Ullah, . . . Afser, ASM. (2012). Evaluation of Drug-Drug Interaction in a Patient Drugs Profile with Multiple Complicacy and Patient Management. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 5(6), 813-816.
- Emran, Talha Bin, Rahman, Md Atiar, Hosen, SM Zahid, Khanam, Umma Hane, & Saha, Dibyajyoti. (2012). Antioxidant, cytotoxic and phytochemical properties of the ethanol extract of Leea indica leaf. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 5(5), 2938-2941.
- Anwar, Md Sheikh, Khan, Irfan Newaz, Barua, Sabuj, Mostafa, ATM, Hosen, SM Zahid, & Kawsar, Md Hassan. (2011). Assessment of thrombolytic & cytotoxic activity of herbal preparations originated from botanical source of Bangladesh. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 1(7), 77.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Das, Rasel, Rahim, Zahed Bin, Chowdhury, Nipa, Paul, Linkon, & Saha, Dibyajyoti. (2011). VENT BY ACETIC ACID INDUCED WRITHING METHOD. Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research, 1(3), 63-67.
- Das, Rasel, Shimamoto, Tadashi, Hosen, S M Zahid, & Arifuzzaman, Mohammad. (2011). Comparative Study of different msDNA (multicopy single-stranded DNA) structures and phylogenetic comparison of reverse transcriptases (RTs): evidence for vertical inheritance. Bioinformation, 7(4), 176.
- Hosen, SM Zahid, Das, R, Rahim, ZB, Chowdhury, N, Paul, L, & Saha, D. (2011). Study of Analgesic activity of the methanolic extract of Acorus calamus L. and Oroxylum indicum Vent by acetic acid induced writhing method. Pharm. Res, 1(3), 63-67.
- Biswas, Subrata Kumar, Chowdhury, Anusua, Das, Joysree, Hosen, SM Zahid, Uddin, Riaz, & Rahaman, Md Shahedur. (2011). Literature review on pharmacological potentials of Kalanchoe pinnata (Crassulaceae). African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 5(10), 1258-1262.
List of Book Publication
Dibyajyoti Saha, S.M. Zahid Hosen and Swati Paul, 2012 “Glimpse of Cancer chemoprevention, Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), ISBN 978-3-659-18483-3, paperback, 269 Pages (https://www.amazon.com/gp/search?index=books&linkCode=qs&keywords=9783659184833)
S. M. Zahid Hosen
M.Pharm Thesis, CICC (CMBI Netherland), CPBI (Sweden)
MRSC (UK), MACS (USA), FAGE (India)